The company is seeking international long-term experts to join a multidisciplinary Project Team, capable to fully comply with the requirements of a four-year technical assistance and management contract for the Water Utility of the Province of Uige (Angola). The Project objective is to assist to manage the water supply service of the city of Uige (Angola).
- Reports to the CTL.
- Establishment of a comprehensive chart of accounts in accordance with necessary guidelines.
- Ensure closing of financial accounts and production of financial statements of the company each month and each year.
- Ensure regular forecasting, planning and stocktaking of receivables, payables, and inventories; valuation of property and inventories; assess.
- Advise the Utility on options for managing or resolving unpaid expenses, tax and other liabilities and liquidity issues of the company and establishing so und policies for managing and recognizing bad debts.
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent.
- MD or PHD would be regarded as an asset.
- Fluent written and spoken English, and Spanish or Portuguese.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in water utilities.
- Relevant experience in operating and managing water utilities in developing countries.
- Profound knowledge of the economic and socio-cultural context in developing countries (Africa or similar).
- Wide strategic and tactical views both for designing specific.
- Excellent capability/skills for working jointly in close collaboration with provincial/central public administration and state -owned utility counterparts and local stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Proven experience in project/task management skills, and in overseeing/controlling water utility management and functioning.
- For this position, the competitive remuneration is composed of fixed, bonus and benefits, will be treated with each candidate personally.